About the White Plains Family Court
The White Plains Family Court is one of three courthouse locations in Westchester County. This court addresses and resolves a variety of legal issues related to children and families.
The Family Court’s jurisdiction encompasses matters such as child custody and visitation, adoptions and guardianship, juvenile delinquency, persons in need of supervision (PINS), child neglect and abuse, financial support for children, spouses, and ex-spouses, determination of paternity, and instances of domestic violence within family relationships.
It’s important to note that proceedings involving separation, annulment, or divorce fall outside the purview of the Family Court and must be presented to the Supreme Court.
Judges & Staff
- Hon. Arlene Gordon-Oliver
- Hon. Nilda Morales-Horowitz
- Hon. Arlene Katz
- Hon. Michelle I. Schauer, AJSC
- Rosa Cabanillas-Thompson, Support Magistrate
- Esther R. Furman, Support Magistrate
- Meryl Guzman, Court Attorney Referee
- Stephen G. Byrnes, Chief Clerk
- Kathleen Erickson, Deputy Chief Clerk
- Geraldine Cillo, Associate Court Clerk
- Maureen Kavanagh Associate Court Clerk
- Tishawna Salaam Associate Court Clerk
- Tara McCoy Associate Court Clerk
Location & Contact Information
111 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
White Plains, NY 10601