About White Plains City Court
Located in White Plains, a city in Westchester County, New York, White Plains City Court has jurisdiction over various legal matters that take place within the city limits.
The court typically handles cases involving:
- Criminal Offenses: The court addresses misdemeanor cases and violations that occur within the city, including charges such as petty theft, disorderly conduct, and other non-felony offenses.
- Traffic Violations: Cases involving traffic offenses committed within the city, such as speeding tickets, parking violations, or other infractions, are typically dealt with in this court.
- Civil Cases: Some city courts, including White Plains City Court, may have jurisdiction over certain civil cases, especially those involving claims within a specified monetary limit.
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes: The court may handle landlord-tenant matters, including eviction proceedings and disputes between landlords and tenants.
- Small Claims Cases: The court may hear small claims cases, which typically involve disputes over a relatively small amount of money.
Judges & Staff
- Hon. John P. Collins Jr.
- Hon. Eric P. Press
- Hon. Lynette V. Spaulding
- Joseph Palazzo, Chief Clerk
- Fred Guerra,Depute Chief Clerk
Location & Contact Information
77 South Lexington Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601