About the Westchester Surrogate’s Court
The Westchester Surrogate’s Court, located in Westchester County, New York, is a specialized court that handles matters related to probate and the administration of estates.
The Surrogate’s Court has jurisdiction over the probate of wills, the appointment of executors and administrators, and the settlement of decedents’ estates. It also deals with matters involving guardianships for minors and individuals who are incapacitated.
The Westchester Surrogate’s Court addresses the following types of cases:
- Probate of Wills: The court oversees the process of proving the validity of a deceased person’s will.
- Estate Administration: This involves the distribution of assets and settling debts of a deceased person’s estate.
- Guardianships: The court may appoint guardians for minors or individuals unable to manage their own affairs due to incapacity.
- Adoptions: In some jurisdictions, Surrogate’s Courts also handle adoption proceedings.
Judges & Staff
- Hon. Brandon R. Sall, Surrogate
- Hon. Helen M. Blackwood, Acting Surrogate
- Eugene Yates, Chief Clerk
Location & Contact Information
111 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, 19th Floor
White Plains, NY 10601