About the Rye City Court
Rye City Court is a local court situated in Rye, a city in Westchester County, New York. Like other city courts in the state, Rye City Court typically has jurisdiction over a variety of legal matters that occur within the city’s boundaries.
The court generally handles cases related to:
- Criminal Offenses: The court addresses misdemeanor cases and violations that occur within Rye, which may include charges like petty theft, disorderly conduct, and other non-felony offenses.
- Traffic Violations: Cases involving traffic offenses committed within the city, such as speeding tickets or parking violations, are typically dealt with in city court.
- Civil Cases: Some city courts may have jurisdiction over certain civil cases, particularly those involving claims up to a specified monetary limit.
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes: The court may handle landlord-tenant matters, including eviction proceedings and disputes between landlords and tenants.
- Small Claims Cases: Rye City Court may hear small claims cases, which involve disputes over a relatively small amount of money.
Judges & Staff
- Hon. Valerie Livingston
- Hon. Taylor Piscionere
- Angela Novello, Chief Clerk
Location & Contact Information
21 McCullough Place
Rye, NY 10580