The Douglas Family Law Group, PLLC, is not like other law firms. We are innovative in every respect. Our firm focuses on family law. We are passionate about helping our clients through their most difficult trials when their families are at risk. If you are interested in growing professionally and personally in an environment that promotes growth in a collegial atmosphere, this may be the place for you. We value our team. We want you to succeed and to have a fantastic legal career.
To apply to one of the positions below, send your resume as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experienced Matrimonial Attorney
We are looking for a rock star matrimonial & family law attorney who will zealously guide our clients through the sensitive legal issues associated with high net-worth divorce, complex custody, surrogacy, child support, and domestic violence cases. The ideal candidate will be able to maintain composure, negotiate, and argue effectively even in emotional and high-stress situations. If you are passionate about helping people navigate some of the most difficult challenges they may face in their lives send us your resume.
- Handle cases from inception through settlement or trial
- Communicate with senior partners and paralegals to move effectively through the civil litigation process
- Handle the division of marital assets, including real estate, during divorce proceedings
- Effectively understand each client’s unique needs and strongly advocate for them in Court
- At least 5 years of SOLID matrimonial & family law experience
- Must have excellent legal writing skills
- Must be licensed to practice law in the State of New York
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Connecticut is a plus but not a requirement
Family Law Paralegal
We are looking for seasoned family law paralegals to join our team. If you have litigation experience, love helping people find their happily ever after, and are interested in advancing professionally in a collegial atmosphere, this may be the opportunity for you.
- Prepare and draft pleadings, motions, judgments, net worth statements, and other routine correspondence
- Prepare and review discovery demands, including disclosure statements, answers to interrogatories, and production requests
- Conduct legal research
- Coordinate discovery compliance and financial investigation
- Maintain the Firm’s calendar and case files
- Schedule appointments, Court appearances, and mediation/deposition hearings
- Prepare trial notebooks, and provide assistance with trial preparation
- Maintain effective communication with clients
- Minimum of two (2+) years of solid litigation/discovery experience in New York State
- Completed a course of study for Paralegals offered by a college or university, as evidenced by a Certificate or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a law firm. Experience as a legal secretary or legal assistant is especially pertinent, and candidates with this background will be given preference.
- The successful candidate will be tech-savvy and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Research
- You care deeply about helping clients through excellent work product and client communication
- You take pride in your work
- You smile when you answer the phone
- You are an amazing scheduler with a sickening degree of attention to detail
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet
- Your middle name is “No Drama”
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You do not think scanning and copying are “beneath you”
We are looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of legal documents, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- Manage office correspondence and administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, responding to emails, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines
- Ensure client billing is processed properly using daily time records with assistance from the accounting department
- Arrange travel, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Assist with the creation of various litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents a needed
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a law firm environment as a secretary or administrative assistant
- Some knowledge of legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
- Able to meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Legal Marketing Coordinator
We need the right legal marketing coordinator to help us promote our brand to the community. You’ll be responsible for working with the marketing team on developing key strategic marketing campaigns, both online and offline, that get the word out there about our legal services. Some experience in the legal industry is a plus, but not necessary for this role. The successful applicants will have the ability to manage multiple projects and timelines and bring fresh, forward-thinking ideas to the team. If you want to work in a fast-paced environment in a position that has a direct impact on the business, apply now.
- Oversee social media and website, mailing lists, data analytics, and SEO to ensure content is regularly updated with the most recent information
- Take responsibility for all print marketing materials including letterhead, business cards, brochures, flyers, etc. all copywriting and image creation to ensure the firm maintains its brand integrity
- Create monthly breakdowns of our analytics on web and social, recommend improvements, and identify growth opportunities based on the trends in the latest market research
- Create content for digital marketing campaigns through email, social media, and online advertising that will generate brand awareness and bring new clients to the legal firm
- Establish a strategic marketing plan that effectively promotes our legal firm
- Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing/brand management or related field
- Preference for candidates with a background in legal or with a desire to build a career in the legal industry
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate professional written and verbal marketing communication skills
- BA in Marketing or equivalent work experience required
- Candidates must be able to manage multiple projects with varied timelines on tight deadlines
Legal Intake Specialist
We are seeking a full-time legal intake specialist to join our team! You’ll survey prospective clients and empathize with them on the details of their case, manage new client onboarding and data entry, and help our lawyers book and manage their appointments. We’ll provide the training and resources to help you flourish in your role on a tight-knit, supportive, and passionate legal team. If you have prior customer service experience, great communication skills, and a passion for helping others, apply today!
- Book consultations for prospective clients with our lawyers to expand our caseload and ensure meeting schedules are accurate
- Conduct various tasks around the office such as managing spreadsheets, writing emails, faxing and copying, and transcribing notes to make sure all processes run smoothly
- Collect paperwork and enter data into our case management system to ensure a smooth onboarding for new clients and tidy management of case files
- Screen incoming potential client phone calls to make sure the case falls within the scope of the firm, while helping the caller feel heard and understood
- Help foster prospective client streams by providing input into awareness and law firm partnerships initiatives alongside the marketing team
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Solid data entry, spreadsheet management, and computer skills
- Previous legal experience a plus
- Previous experience with CRM and case management software desired
- Sales or customer service experience highly valued
- Strong ability to communicate eloquently and empathetically a must
- Bachelors degree