About the Mount Vernon City Court
Mount Vernon City Court is a local court situated in Mount Vernon, a city in Westchester County, New York. Similar to other city courts in the state, Mount Vernon City Court generally has jurisdiction over a variety of legal matters that occur within the city limits.
The court typically handles cases related to:
- Criminal Offenses: The court hears misdemeanor cases and violations that occur within the city, addressing charges such as petty theft, disorderly conduct, or other non-felony offenses.
- Traffic Violations: Cases involving traffic offenses committed within Mount Vernon, such as speeding tickets or parking violations, are typically addressed in city court.
- Civil Cases: Some city courts, including Mount Vernon City Court, may have jurisdiction over certain civil cases, particularly those involving claims up to a specified monetary limit.
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes: The court may handle landlord-tenant matters, including eviction proceedings and disputes between landlords and tenants.
- Small Claims Cases: Mount Vernon City Court may hear small claims cases, which involve disputes over a relatively small amount of money.
Judges & Staff
- Hon. Tamika A. Coverdale
- Hon. Peter S. G. Davis
- Hon. Nichelle A. Johnson
- Hon. Lyndon D. Williams
- Lawrence Darden, Chief Clerk
- Joanne Zeoli, Deputy Chief Clerk
Location & Contact Information
Ronald A. Blackwood Building
2 Roosevelt Square North, 2nd floor
Mount Vernon, NY 10550
Criminal Department Phone: 914-831-6420
Civil Department Phone: 914-831-6410
Traffic Department Phone: 914-831-6463