We are looking for seasoned family law paralegals to join our team. If you have litigation experience, love helping people find their happily ever after, and are interested in advancing professionally in a collegial atmosphere, this may be the opportunity for you.
- Prepare and draft pleadings, motions, judgments, net worth statements, and other routine correspondence
- Prepare and review discovery demands, including disclosure statements, answers to interrogatories, and production requests
- Conduct legal research
- Coordinate discovery compliance and financial investigation
- Maintain the Firm’s calendar and case files
- Schedule appointments, Court appearances, and mediation/deposition hearings
- Prepare trial notebooks, and provide assistance with trial preparation
- Maintain effective communication with clients
- Minimum of two (2+) years of solid litigation/discovery experience in New York State
- Completed a course of study for Paralegals offered by a college or university, as evidenced by a Certificate or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a law firm. Experience as a legal secretary or legal assistant is especially pertinent, and candidates with this background will be given preference.
- The successful candidate will be tech-savvy and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Research
- You care deeply about helping clients through excellent work product and client communication
- You take pride in your work
- You smile when you answer the phone
- You are an amazing scheduler with a sickening degree of attention to detail
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet
- Your middle name is “No Drama”
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You do not think scanning and copying are “beneath you”